The Killers Celebrate A Decade Of (RED) Holiday Singles With Release Of New Christmas Album DON'T WASTE YOUR WISHES On iTunes3:07 PM
For the last 10 years, The Killers have ushered in the holiday season with a much-anticipated Christmas single via Island Records, with proceeds going to support (RED)'s fight against AIDS.
The album will include a brand new song, "I'll Be Home for Christmas," which is a moving rendition of the classic track in which Brandon shares his childhood memory of learning the meaning behind the song from his 4th grade teacher, Mr. Hansen. Brandon accompanies Mr. Hansen in a touching duet of the standard.
The album will be available on iTunes from Nov. 18, just in time to load up your Christmas playlists and get into the holiday spirit.
The Killers have created a special website for the new album, which will host the full catalogue of Christmas videos from the past 10 years – including "Joel the Lump of Coal," which features Jimmy Kimmel voicing Santa Claus, and The Killers' unofficial "Santa Trilogy" of singles "Don't Shoot Me Santa," "I Feel It In My Bones" and "Dirt Sledding" – PRESS HERE to explore.
Since 2006, The Killers have donated 11 tracks to (RED), and are the only band to have donated a Christmas track every year for the last decade. With the release of the new album, "Don't Waste Your Wishes," The Killers' will have raised more than $1 million for the Global Fund – the recipient of all (RED) monies - since the release of their first (RED) single.
Don't Waste Your Wishes track listing:
- "A Great Big Sled" feat. Toni Halliday
- "Don't Shoot Me Santa" feat. Ryan Pardey
- "Joseph, Better You Than Me" feat. Elton John & Neil Tennant
- "¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe!" feat. Wild Light and Mariachi El Bronx
- "The Cowboys' Christmas Ball"
- "Feel It In My Bones" feat. Ryan Pardey
- "Christmas In L.A." feat. Dawes
- "Joel The Lump Of Coal" feat. Jimmy Kimmel
- "Dirt Sledding" feat. Ryan Pardey & Richard Dreyfuss
- "I'll Be Home For Christmas" feat. Ned Humphrey Hansen