New Children's Picture Book Series Teaches Phonological Awareness Through Interactive Stories1:45 AM
Veteran educator and academic support specialist Ruth Rumack founded Ruth Rumack's Learning Space Inc. to do just that: incorporate phonetic building blocks with playtime.
Interactive, entertaining, and educational, the Alpha-Mania Adventures series:
- Help pre-reading children learn five phonological awareness skills—rhyming, blending, alliteration, segmenting, and sound manipulation—through captivating, pirate-themed stories
- Contain phonics activities, which ask children to “hunt” for letters and objects within captivating, colorful illustrations
- Include an introduction on phonological awareness and phonics for parents & educators, and valuable guides on letter sounds and formations
- Allow parents to bond with their children while creating a stress-free educational environment
- Promote learning in an active, playful, and memorable way